ART FAIRS & GALLERIES
ORGANIZATIONS & ARTISTS PROJECTS
ARTBOOK Services & Partnerships
ARTBOOK sells books to the passionate audience of people who work in and live through the arts. We were founded by the same team that runs D.A.P., the world's foremost distributor of books and exhibition catalogs on the arts, in order to partner with cultural institutions and businesses who want to enrich their programming with true content -- the kind you find in a well-conceived, authored, and designed book.
● ARTBOOK@MoMA PS1 is a true museum bookstore, a treasure trove of books, DVDs and CDs rarely found elsewhere and a destination for lovers of contemporary culture. In June 2012, we opened a second shop: an international magazine store in the MoMA PS1 lobby stocking more than 300 of the world's best magazines on art, fashion, design and culture. Both the bookstore and the magazine store work closely with MoMA PS1 curators to organize weekly events including signings, lectures, and performances.
● ARTBOOK@Fairs bookshops have become a regular fixture on the international art fair scene for more than 15 years. We organize and manage curated pop up stores for Art Basel Miami Beach, Design Miami, Art Platform LA, the Hong Kong Art Fair and others.
● ARTBOOK | GIFT offers gift retailers high-quality book selections precisely tailored to their customers with an emphasis on design, fashion, and special editions. Our gift customers range from Paul Smith and Marc Jacobs to Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters.
● The ARTBOOK | D.A.P. Showroom, Los Angeles brings together the extensive D.A.P. title list with the programs of other publishers, such as Yale University Press, Prestel, and Nazarelli, to represent high-quality art books to the gift store market on the west coast.
● ARTBOOK | COLLECTOR SERVICES assists collectors, galleries, arts institutions and businesses in building and maintaining specialized libraries on the arts.
● ARTBOOK | DIGITAL works with museums, independent publishers and artists to produce, market and distribute ebooks and online digital editions on the arts: we focus on translating the beauty of the printed book into digital form.
● We partner with cultural and creative institutions - such as the Guggenheim Museum, The Whitney Museum of American Art, the Institute of the 21st Century, ForYourArt, Creative Capital, The Standard Culture Site, ArtTable and Metropolis Magazine - that wish to sell books on or through their own websites.
● For private collectors, galleries, businesses and cultural institutions, we build specialized libraries curated to complement and enrich artwork holdings.
● Our eclectic, deeply affectionate Blog keeps the artworld up-to-date about a wide variety of extraordinary books on art and culture, past and present. ARTBOOK is a progressive company run by and for people who know and value art books and museum publishing.
To discuss partnering with ARTBOOK and for more information about ARTBOOK's Pop-Up Stores, Permanent Partnership Stores, Online Partnerships, Library Building or Blog, please contact Cory Reynolds at (212) 627-1999.
For information about D.A.P., please visit About D.A.P.
For information about employment opportunities, please visit Jobs & Internships
For contact details, please Contact Us
Our team has extensive experience working with museums of all scales, experience backed by D.A.P.'s twenty years as the distributor of choice for more than 200 museums worldwide -- including MoMA, the Guggenheim, the Walker Art Center, and MFA Boston. ARTBOOK complements this distribution expertise with tailored retail services for museum stores, pop-up retail shops to accompany specific exhibitions, and on-line shopping experiences for museum members or to complement a museum's own website.
We are pleased to meet with bookstore and specialty retail buyers, cultural institutions, journalists and other art bibliophiles at either our New York offices, or our Los Angeles showroom.
Over the last decade, we have installed and staffed bookstores at numerous art fairs including Art Basel Miami Beach, The Armory, ART LA, Art Contemporary Los Angeles, PHOTO LA, The New York Art Book Fair and The Independent. More than simply a display stand, ARTBOOK at each of these venues has also incorporated events, lectures, signings and artists' projects, bringing sophisticated content to the art world audience.
ARTBOOK extends D.A.P.'s decades long collaboration with the most important art, photography, design and architecture magazines with subscriber and advertiser benefits including curated online shopping and high profile events with artists, photographers and leaders in the fields of architecture and design.
Project collaborations with artists and cultural institutions include thematic, curated bookstores to enrich visitor and member experience and site-specific installations with noted artists such as Vito Acconci.
Partnerships with Retail Stores include temporary Pop-Up Stores, Events, and Online Shopping. We emphasize collaboration and focused, curated title selection so that our partners can enrich their unique spaces with rich, fresh content from culture centers around the world.