ARTBOOK Services & Partnerships
ARTBOOK sells books to the passionate audience of people who work in and live through the arts. We were founded by the same team that runs D.A.P., the world's foremost distributor of books and exhibition catalogs on the arts, in order to partner with cultural institutions and businesses who want to enrich their programming with true content -- the kind you find in a well-conceived, authored, and designed book.
● ARTBOOK @ MoMA PS1 is a true museum bookstore, a treasure trove of books, DVDs and CDs rarely found elsewhere and a destination for lovers of contemporary culture. In June 2012, we opened a second shop: an international magazine store in the MoMA PS1 lobby stocking more than 300 of the world's best magazines on art, fashion, design and culture. Both the bookstore and the magazine store work closely with MoMA PS1 curators to organize weekly events including signings, lectures, and performances.
● ARTBOOK @ Walker, the book section at the world renowned Walker Art Center's Walker Shop, features the Midwest's most up-to-date and provocative selection of monographs, exhibition catalogs, artists' books, children's titles and gift books for the culturally inclined. ARTBOOK @ Walker brings in new titles weekly from the world's most prestigious publishers, including many local favorites and a few exquisite outsiders. The book selection is inspired by the world-renowned curatorial programs of the Walker Art Center. Whether you are expanding your own library, choosing a thoughtful gift for a friend, seeking new reference materials or shopping for a beautiful children's book, you will find a perfect selection at ARTBOOK @ WALKER.
● ARTBOOK @ Swiss Institute is a curated pop-up bookshop at the Swiss Institute contemporary art center in New York. For each new exhibition, ARTBOOK freshly installs an entirely new thematic focus, new choice of titles and eclectic selection of publishers. Browsers and collectors alike are treated to a library-quality display of new releases, classic titles, museum catalogues, out-of-print and rare books, hard-to-find treasures, indie magazines and limited editions. Each theme store is conceived in collaboration between ARTBOOK's Skuta Helgason and the Swiss Institute's Simon Castets with input from represented curators and artists.
● ARTBOOK @ FAIRS bookshops have become a regular fixture on the international art fair scene for more than 15 years. We organize and manage curated pop up stores for Frieze New York, the Armory, Art Basel Miami Beach, Design Miami, Art Platform LA, the Hong Kong Art Fair and others.
● ARTBOOK.COM hosts e-commerce partnerships with museums and cultural institutions - such as the Guggenheim Museum, The Whitney Museum of American Art, the Walker Art Center, Minneapolis Institute of Art, the Institute of the 21st Century, ForYourArt, Creative Capital, The Standard Culture Site, ArtTable and Metropolis Magazine - that wish to sell books on or through their own websites.
● ARTBOOK | GIFT offers gift retailers high-quality book selections from the D.A.P. list precisely tailored to their customers with an emphasis on design, fashion, and special editions. Our gift customers range from Paul Smith and Marc Jacobs to Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters. On the West Cost, we also provide gift rep services to other high-quality art book publishers, such as Yale University Press, Prestel, and Nazarelli.
● ARTBOOK | COLLECTOR SERVICES assists collectors, galleries, arts institutions and businesses in building and maintaining specialized libraries on the arts.
● ARTBOOK | DIGITAL works with museums, independent publishers and artists to produce, market and distribute ebooks and online digital editions on the arts: we focus on translating the beauty of the printed book into digital form.
● Our eclectic, deeply affectionate Blog keeps the artworld up-to-date about a wide variety of extraordinary books on art and culture, past and present. ARTBOOK is a progressive company run by and for people who know and value art books and museum publishing.
To discuss partnering with ARTBOOK and for more information about ARTBOOK's Pop-Up Stores, Permanent Partnership Stores, Online Partnerships, Library Building or Website Editorial, please email email@example.com.
For information about D.A.P., please visit About D.A.P.
For information about employment opportunities, please visit Jobs & Internships
For contact details, please Contact Us
Our team has extensive experience working with museums of all scales, experience backed by D.A.P.'s twenty years as the distributor of choice for more than 200 museums worldwide -- including MoMA, the Guggenheim, the Walker Art Center, and MFA Boston. ARTBOOK complements this distribution expertise with tailored retail services for museum stores, pop-up retail shops to accompany specific exhibitions, and on-line shopping experiences for museum members or to complement a museum's own website. We are pleased to meet with bookstore and specialty retail buyers, cultural institutions, journalists and other art bibliophiles at either our New York offices, or our Los Angeles showroom.
Over the last decade, we have installed and staffed bookstores at numerous art fairs including Art Basel Miami Beach, The Armory, ART LA, Art Contemporary Los Angeles, PHOTO LA, The New York Art Book Fair and The Independent. More than simply a display stand, ARTBOOK at each of these venues has also incorporated events, lectures, signings and artists' projects, bringing sophisticated content to the art world audience.
ARTBOOK extends D.A.P.'s decades long collaboration with the most important art, photography, design and architecture magazines with subscriber and advertiser benefits including curated online shopping and high profile events with artists, photographers and leaders in the fields of architecture and design.
Online web shops in affiliation with museums and cultural institutions offer e-commerce solutions for online book shopping from our extensive 10,000 title strong inventory. Book selections for each institution's visitors and shoppers are customized to reflect current exhibitions, permanent collection strengths, and member programming.
Partnerships with Retail Stores include temporary Pop-Up Stores, Events, and Online Shopping. We emphasize collaboration and focused, curated title selection so that our partners can enrich their unique spaces with rich, fresh content from culture centers around the world.