LIBRARY & ACADEMIC
TRADE FAIRS & CONFERENCES
ARTBOOK @ MoMA PS1 JOBS & INTERNSHIPS
Located at MoMA PS1, one of the world’s leading contemporary arts institutions, ARTBOOK’s mission is to offer the most relevant publications in contemporary arts and culture. The internship position holds potential for those interested in gaining an understanding of the various roles that a museum bookshop plays, including its providing an educational context for visitors, fulfilling sales at museum events, and acting as a platform for museum publications.
PART TIME BOOKSTORE SALES ASSOCIATE
ARTBOOK seeks 2 part-time Bookstore Sales Associates: individuals with an interest in modern and contemporary art, a passion for books, and a commitment to superior customer service. The position is sought for artbook @ MoMA PS1, in the Long Island City neighborhood of Queens. With a focus on contemporary art and culture, the Bookstore & Magazine Store complement and contextualize the museum’s exhibitions, and feature new developments in art practices and criticism. Reporting to the Bookstore Manager, Part-Time Sales Associates will be responsible for the daily operation of the store as well as inventory management and customer service.
Sales Associates will:
• Cultivate customer relationships and help manage correspondence and email lists
• Be responsible for making sales in-store, over the phone, and via email
• Keep the store well stocked, tidy, and organized
• Provide daily sales reporting to the Bookstore Manager using the Point of Sales system
• Assist with special events programming
• Provide information and pass on knowledge to visitors about the book selection as well as concurrent exhibitions at MoMA PS1 and in New York City
• Provide content for social media and customer outreach efforts
A qualified candidate:
• Has a strong interest in the arts and wants to learn more about contemporary art and publishing
• Is based in the New York metropolitan area and possesses either a Bachelor’s Degree in the fields of contemporary culture, art, art history, or philosophy, or a minimum of two years’ experience in a bookstore
• Has a flexible schedule and is available at least 2-3 days a week, including holidays and some evenings for events/openings starting immediately
• Has experience in a retail environment working with a team
• Has strong computer skills and is proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Is detail oriented, can prioritize effectively, and is able to meet deadlines
• Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills
An ideal candidate also:
• Possesses a knowledge of modern and contemporary art or publishing
• Is an avid reader
Applicants who meet the above qualifications, including the required work schedule, may apply by emailing a letter of interest and résumé to Skúta Helgason, Retail Director, to email@example.com with “Part-Time Sales Associate at artbook @ MoMA PS1” in the subject line by Wednesday, June 7, 2017. ARTBOOK will review all applications and contact those who are most qualified to schedule an interview. Employment references will be requested and offer of employment is subject to a background check. ARTBOOK is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants receive consideration without regard to race, age, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by law.
About ARTBOOK, LLC
Founded in 2004, ARTBOOK partners with cultural organizations seeking to enrich their programming with the editorial content that a focused selection of well-conceived, authored, and designed books makes possible. ARTBOOK runs bookstores at Hauser & Wirth and the Walker Art Center in addition to numerous pop up stores at art and photography fairs.
About MoMA PS1
MoMA PS1 is one of the oldest and largest nonprofit contemporary art institutions in the United States. An exhibition space rather than a collecting institution, MoMA PS1 devotes its energy and resources to displaying the most experimental art in the world. Exhibitions at MoMA PS1 include artists' retrospectives, site-specific installations, historical surveys, arts from across the United States and the world, and a full schedule of music and performance programming. In addition to its exhibitions, the institution also organizes the International and National Projects series, the Warm Up summer music series, and the MoMA PS1 Young Architects Program with the Museum of Modern Art.
the art world's source for books on art & culture
| || |
Showroom by Appointment Only
75 Broad Street, Suite 630
New York NY 10004
Tel 212 627 1999
Showroom by Appointment Only
818 S. Broadway, Suite 700
Los Angeles, CA 90014
Tel. 323 969 8985
D.A.P. | Distributed Art Publishers, Inc.
All site content Copyright C 2000-2017 by Distributed Art Publishers, Inc. and the respective publishers, authors, artists. For reproduction permissions, contact the copyright holders.
The D.A.P. Catalog