LIBRARY & ACADEMIC
TRADE FAIRS & CONFERENCES
ARTBOOK @ MoMA PS1 JOBS & INTERNSHIPS
Located at MoMA PS1, one of the world’s leading contemporary arts institutions, ARTBOOK’s mission is to offer the most relevant publications in contemporary arts and culture. The internship position holds potential for those interested in gaining an understanding of the various roles that a museum bookshop plays, including its providing an educational context for visitors, fulfilling sales at museum events, and acting as a platform for museum publications.
ARTBOOK @ MOMA PS1 FALL 2017 INTERNSHIP
ARTBOOK @ MoMA PS1 Bookstore & Magazine Store seeks a highly motivated individual with knowledge of and interest in contemporary art and culture for its Fall 2017 Internship Program. The internship position holds potential for those interested in gaining an understanding of the various roles that a museum bookshop plays, including its providing an educational context for visitors, fulfilling sales at museum events, and acting as a platform for museum publications. Prior ARTBOOK @ MoMA PS1 interns have gone on to work in publishing houses, museums, and record labels.
The ARTBOOK @ MoMA PS1 Fall 2017 Internship requires a 2-day-per-week, 4-month commitment beginning September 1, 2017 and running through December 31, 2017. End-date is flexible with holidays.
Intern will acquire and refine the following skills:
• Experience the role of the bookstore within the larger context of a contemporary arts institution
• Ability to assist with special events programming (book launches and signings)
• Ability to contribute content for social media and customer outreach efforts
• Ability to contribute focused research on specific artists and publishers for upcoming exhibitions and museum programming (such as Printed Matter’s 2017 New York Art Book Fair, the ARTBOOK @ MoMA PS1 Annual Stoop Sale, MoMA PS1 Sunday Sessions Programming, etc.)
• Day-to-day tasks will include customer service, inventory management, shipping, submission review, and archiving.
Qualifications and Requirements
• A strong command of reading and writing in English
• Fluency with Microsoft Office programs on Mac-platforms
• Ability to multitask, and to balance short and long-term projects
• Is comfortable interacting with the public in store and over the phone
A strong candidate:
• Has an interest in the arts and wants to learn more about contemporary art, books, and magazines
• Has a background or interest in writing, editing, and/or research
• Has experience managing social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook)
• Has experience using the Adobe Creative Suite
• Shows initiative and self-motivation
This is an unpaid internship program. School credit and community service hours are available to qualified applicants. All accepted into the ARTBOOK @ MoMA PS1 Fall Internship Program will be gifted a selection of art books upon completion of the internship.
Applicants who meet the above qualifications may apply by emailing a letter of interest and résumé to Amanda Paixão, Bookstore Manager, to email@example.com with “ARTBOOK @ MoMA PS1 Fall Internship” in the subject line by Tuesday, August 1, 2017. ARTBOOK will review all applications and contact those who are most qualified to schedule an interview. ARTBOOK is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants receive consideration without regard to race, age, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by law.
About ARTBOOK, LLC
Founded in 2004, ARTBOOK partners with cultural organizations seeking to enrich their programming with the editorial content that a focused selection of well-conceived, authored, and designed books makes possible. ARTBOOK runs bookstores at Hauser & Wirth and the Walker Art Center in addition to numerous pop up stores at art and photography fairs.
About MoMA PS1
MoMA PS1 is one of the oldest and largest nonprofit contemporary art institutions in the United States. An exhibition space rather than a collecting institution, MoMA PS1 devotes its energy and resources to displaying the most experimental art in the world. Exhibitions at MoMA PS1 include artists' retrospectives, site-specific installations, historical surveys, arts from across the United States and the world, and a full schedule of music and performance programming. In addition to its exhibitions, the institution also organizes the International and National Projects series, the Warm Up summer music series, and the MoMA PS1 Young Architects Program with the Museum of Modern Art.
the art world's source for books on art & culture
| || |
Showroom by Appointment Only
75 Broad Street, Suite 630
New York NY 10004
Tel 212 627 1999
Showroom by Appointment Only
818 S. Broadway, Suite 700
Los Angeles, CA 90014
Tel. 323 969 8985
D.A.P. | Distributed Art Publishers, Inc.
All site content Copyright C 2000-2017 by Distributed Art Publishers, Inc. and the respective publishers, authors, artists. For reproduction permissions, contact the copyright holders.
The D.A.P. Catalog